I came across this recipe originally in the book Hungry Campers. We’ve made some modifications to it. We use our Jetboil although it can be made on a campfire.
What You’ll Need
- 1/2 pound ground beef
- 1/2 package of taco seasoning
- 8 ounce can of black beans, undrained
- 1 tomato
- Shredded Mexican-style cheese
- 1 bag of Nacho Cheese Doritos
- 1 cup of romaine lettuce/spinach mix
- 1 1/2 ounces of sour cream
- A cooking skillet or pot
What You’ll Do
- Brown ground beef (or white turkey) in a skillet or pot. Drain excess fat. Add taco seasoning, pinto beans and tomato.
- Simmer for 8 to 10 minutes to reduce liquid.
- Stir in shredded cheese and Doritos (crushed or whole) until cheese is melted. Serve with shredded lettuce/spinach mix and sour cream.